Thursday 8 October 2009

The Return... of crap


Ok so got round to watching The Return, I shall describe by telling you if I had paid to see it I would have demanded my money back for the almost hour and a half of my life I wasted watching it. The funny thing is, it’s not all that bad, just completely and utterly pointless and unexciting, not to mention not scary at all; big fault in a scary film. Since Buffy I nothing but loathe Sarah Michelle Gellar, can’t stand her annoying nasal voice, though it must be said I did find her strangely attractive in cruel intentions but I defy any man who didn’t.

Enough about her, why was this film so uninspired? Well not much happens to be honest, the clever plot twists and turns do make you wonder what’s going on but I felt like I could have turned the film off at any point and would not have been bothered about finding out what happens next. It was just thoroughly boring and not scary in the slightest.

Moving swiftly on from that and never “returning” to it, we’ll go along the Sarah Michelle Gellar tangent to Buffy Creator Joss Whedon. Bouncing back from the critical bashing he got for dollhouse, he’s got another season of that coming out and several movies’ on the slate. He has a habit of making a series that quickly becomes a cult, for instance I watched Serenity and loved it. It made me watch Firefly and I loved that, can’t see why they cancelled it!? I would put a bet on Dollhouse being cancelled sooner than the fans want it to though.

http://twitter.com/WhedonFanNews

No comments:

About Me

My photo
"Films are Loved, Films are hated. I'm here to help you decide where you stand..." I also do web work including a good knowledge of HTML, ASP, using the adobe web package and a strong understanding of SEO, Google Analytics.