Tuesday 24 August 2010

Far Cry



Uwe Boll, cinemas scapegoat?


Lover: Taken from IMDB
“It was directed by Uwe Boll. So what? Is that makes this film instantly the worst film ever? I know, Uwe Boll is not the greatest director ever. I saw Bloodrayne and it was pretty awful. But you gotta believe me, Far Cry is an entertaining, action-packed flick, and if you love those "B"-movies from the '80s and '90s you will love this movie as much as I am. Believe me please, and give it a chance! It has some corny jokes but still great! And I mean it! Till Schweiger was good in his role, Udo Kier is an icon, it was a pleasure to watch him, and...Great action, explosions, car-chase, boat-chase, blood, and everything you need! Great movie!”

um, were we watching a different movie?

Hater: Taken from IMDB
“Mr. "Uwe Fail" strikes again, transformed a classic game in a cheap piece of crap. Poor acting; Poor Directing; Awful adaptation; I mean, Far-Cry game was awesome, its like a true FPS game, cool weapons and lots lots lots of "point and shoot". In the movie we had nothing compared to the game.. Well we had some of the "point and shoot" thing but... I don't know how to explain, but if you ever watched another "Uwe Fail" movie you will understand. If you don't believe me, go to the website "petition online" and do a check for one named "Stop Uwe Bowl”. That movie made my eyes bleed, someone must stop him for once. Don’t waste your time. “

that’s more like it!

What I thought:

The fact that I only watched 40 mins of this movie should give you an idea of what I thought of it. Now recording this on Sky was an impulse thing and had I read the description and realised Uwe Boll directed it I would not have bothered! Pure and simply he is one of the worst directors I have ever witnessed, his films and dire carbon copies of all action movies, like he just opens a text book about directing. His work is never original, it is never well written and the music is piss poor.

The only redeeming factor in this move is that Til Schweiger (Inglorious Bastards) is in it. Apart from that it’s all just the same old shit. I can’t feel sorry for a director who keeps bringing out films like this! How the hell does he get financed when there are some really great young indie filmmakers out there struggling! When there’s a petition to stop you making movies you should probably call it a day!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
"Films are Loved, Films are hated. I'm here to help you decide where you stand..." I also do web work including a good knowledge of HTML, ASP, using the adobe web package and a strong understanding of SEO, Google Analytics.