Tuesday 28 September 2010

Babylon A.D




Vin Diesel, please quit your day job!

Lover: Taken from IMDB
“I really liked Vin Diesel in the Riddick movies, and when I saw he'd made another science fiction-ish movie I looked really forward to it. Then I read the reviews and almost decided not to see it. I'm really glad I did though. I saw nothing of the averageness other people have wrote about, instead my opinion about Babylon A.D is that it's an action movie with a good story and good acting. Also the movie is in just the right gear, so you won't feel bored at any time. If you liked the Riddick movies (or just prefer a good action movie) you owe it to yourself to give this movie a chance.”

Can’t see where this person is coming from at all! The Riddick movies they refer to? Pitch Black was not a starring vehicle for Vin Diesel or Riddick it was a horror movie. The Chronicles of Riddick was just vaguely entertaining. This film may have a good story at some point but the movie you watch is pretty boring and there most certainly is no good acting!

Hater: Taken from IMDB
“I hate to say it... but this movie was terrible. Let me start off with this. You can't squeeze a story line that should be as long as Lord of the Rings into 1 hour and 30 minutes, its impossible to try to explain what the heck is going on. When they made this movie, thats what they did. Half of the time, you have no clue what the heck is going on. When you start to figure out what is happening, the movie is over... The woman he is trying to bring to the USA is a mix between a man and a computer... Then we find out the daughter is pregnant with twins... But she is still a virgin that her mom is trying to use to say she is the next virgin mother...I honestly have no clue what the heck I just watched, but will try to tell everyone I know to avoid this cheap, pathetic, terrible movie...Babylon A.D. = Failure”

Even if the story was easy to understand the whole film is so bogged down in convention it hurts your eyes to watch it!

What I thought:
This film had a tough time coming out; the director disowned it after the studio apparently butchered it! When you watch the film knowing this, it does feel like there’s a good movie in there somewhere. It’s a post apocalyptic sci fi action movie and as such is horribly clichéd, a story that despite getting lost on the way does seem like it had some promise. So all in all the evidence is there that at some point, the Director was onto something.

However, when you cast Vin Deisel in your movie you have to expect that most people with approach your movie with apprehension. The reason for this and I fail to see how he still gets work, is that Vin Deisel is a terrible one trick pony who cant even do that one trick very well! There I have said my piece, and with maybe the exception of Pitch Black and the first Fast and the Furious, I’m sure most people agree.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
"Films are Loved, Films are hated. I'm here to help you decide where you stand..." I also do web work including a good knowledge of HTML, ASP, using the adobe web package and a strong understanding of SEO, Google Analytics.