Monday 12 April 2010

A fulfilling jouney (if your not a sheep)




Lovers: Taken from IMDB
“This is the first 10 out of 10 that I've given any movie. What made this movie so good for me? Constant action - there isn't any slow parts, great acting, smart writing. I also liked the filming style where the shakiness and different angles just made it feel like you are a part of the scene. Finally, I get to see an action movie that doesn't try to please all sectors of the public (i.e. there's no forced romance).

I liked the first two Bourne movies, but I loved this one.

Warning - after watching this movie, you will be full of adrenaline and you may want to calm down a bit before driving your car!”


I love the movie, almost as mush as this guy, I’m happy he likes the shaky cam and for pretty much the same reason as me.

Haters: Taken from IMDB
“The Bourne Ultimatum is the worse of the franchise. It is a shame that Ludlum's last Bourne novel has been transformed to a motion picture that has as much clarity as a bug being squished on a cars windshield. The plot is perhaps the thinnest of any of the Bourne movies, and the audience is at best bored with the whole experience. But the most annoying, madding, is the cinematography by Wood, is like a film being filmed by the Road Runner on Crack, jumpy, blurry, and headache inducing. The film may have been worth viewing, if the audience could see what was going on. But with the shaky cam of this debacle being bad enough, but even the action scenes were filmed way to close in for anyone to follow what was going on in this picture. See this if you must, but bring your aspirin.”

To be fair to this guy there is a much worse review on their and it is very scathing but I don’t want to go there with people so opinionated they cant see past their own nose! Once again it’s the same old complaint about the camera work, which is all very well but only a problem if its your problem.

What I thought:
The Bourne Ultimatum for me is about two scenes, each scene is so tense I was biting my tongue and proves what a craftsmen Paul Greengrass is with action. The first Waterloo station, bustling in all its glory and utterly convincing in the way it is shown. It’s just a shame the brilliant Paddy Considine couldn’t be in it longer. The other scene is the fight in flat then in a small shower / bathroom thing; its nail biting and you really feel the pain. Gritty and real once again showing bond a thing or two.

I’ll add a link to the really bad review and let you make up your minds for yourself; personally I think it’s a load of old crap! I’m sure the usual cinema public don’t like be perceived as sheep but there you go.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0440963/usercomments?filter=hate

No comments:

About Me

My photo
"Films are Loved, Films are hated. I'm here to help you decide where you stand..." I also do web work including a good knowledge of HTML, ASP, using the adobe web package and a strong understanding of SEO, Google Analytics.