Monday 25 August 2008

Sex and the City: The Movie

Sex and the City: The Movie



I watched this for the first time last night; one of the things that struck me had nothing to do with the film itself. I remember thinking; wait a sec I’m a bloke, should I be watching this? Well women can watch footie and I know some women that quite enjoy graphic violence! So why cant a heterosexual man watch a programme or film like Sex and the City and actually enjoy it?

This is beside the point, as I thought the film wasn’t as good as the series. The film took moments of sincerity, which in the series would have seemed actually sincere and made them mushy and cheesy. The series was short little snippets of these four women’s lives that held a lot of laughs and felt genuinely moving, the film is an over baked experiment in dragging this over nearly a two hour movie it just didn’t work for me. You knew where the story was going from square one, if you’re a hardcore fan then you’re sure to get a kick out of it. The characters are back and the actresses’ know how to play them!

Anyway enough of this can’t keep going on about this movie I have a rep to protect….

Well maybe not.

Check out the last showing and get some free chocolate!
http://soglos.com/film/28406/Sex-and-the-City-with-free-chocolate

Buy here to catch up or pre order the DVD
http://www.play.com/Search.aspx?searchtype=allproducts&searchstring=sex+and+the+city&page=search&pa=search

Click here and see what the telegraph thought
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/1950463/Sex-and-the-City,-the-movie-Review.html

oh and on a personal note, my column was not in this weeks Advertiser as planned due to unforeseen circumstances, but I am assured it will start next week, fingers crossed…

2 comments:

Rud said...

Very good Peter.

Very good.

x

Peter Bee said...

why thanks rud,

thanks.

x

About Me

My photo
"Films are Loved, Films are hated. I'm here to help you decide where you stand..." I also do web work including a good knowledge of HTML, ASP, using the adobe web package and a strong understanding of SEO, Google Analytics.