Sunday 15 March 2009

A tribute to a true original

It’s far to early to be up writing this but I cant do it this evening as I’m finally going to see watchmen, due to a little dramatic dog issue I didn’t get to go midweek but come hell or high water I’m there this evening! More about that next week when I have seen it, A week spent looking for looking after my boys, looking for work and playing games has left it a pretty barren week for films.


I did get a chance to see Factory Girl, the story of Edie Sedgwick; One of the “it” girls of her time and Andy Warhol favourite for a few years. It was very good just for the two lead performances, I have never been a big fan of Siena Miller but she embodies “Warhols superstar” so well. To see what I mean just watch the film and then search Edie Sedgwick on youtube, its an almost perfect a tribute to her. Guy Pearce also plays Andy Warhol superbly, I have for a long time though that quite eccentric characters like Warhol were quite easy to imitate but Andy Warhols mannerisms were subtle, his false confidence hides layers if insecurities and Mr Pearce take it all on, in what has to be one of my favourite of his performances.

Shot in a way you think Warhol would have appreciated the film is a tribute to Edie Sedgwick and her tragic life, fully deserving of the best comments. Moving on I don’t have much else to write about, I would like to take this chance to apologize for any bad grammar errors. I am currently going through a bit of a purge of all my bad habits due to getting a warning shot from one of my regular editors. So some old films are going to get reviewed as practice, which will be fun and I’m going to get a test for Dyslexia, oh the joy!

Some news for you to digest, the first on set photo from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is up…

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00022629.html

Another first set photo, this time from Iron Man 2 (for Roston)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=53600

Finally some news for Transformers fans, Michael Bay is seeking the vocal talents of one Frank Welker. For people not in the know, he voiced Megatron on the original cartoon, anyway click bellow for more…

http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=67588#post67588
Right that’s it for now, I’m off to clear up and make breakfast take care, keep reading and watching.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
"Films are Loved, Films are hated. I'm here to help you decide where you stand..." I also do web work including a good knowledge of HTML, ASP, using the adobe web package and a strong understanding of SEO, Google Analytics.