Wednesday, 22 December 2010
My Top Ten....
10. Santa Clause the movie: Dudley Moore as an Elf, quality Christmas entertainment!
9. National Lampoons Christmas Vacation: Chevy Chase and the national lampoons at their very best!
8. Home Alone: Festive Family Fun with lethal traps!
7. The Nightmare before Christmas: Tim Burtons imagination and Danny Elfmans musical stylings at their peak!
6. Planes, Trains and Automobiles: "Those aren't pillows!" Bloody Brilliant Comedy!
5. Scrooged / Groundhog Day: I put these together because Groundhog Day isn't usually considered a Christmas movie and its like a Bill Murray tribute at number 5 as both these films are excellent Festive comedies!
4. Muppets Christmas Carol: I nearly put the version with Patrick Stewart as it is excellent but this one featuring those loveable muppets is just fun for all the family!
3. Elf: Inspired casting of Will Ferrell and superb comedy writing make for a real sleeper hit, "Buddy the Elf, whats your favourite colour!?"
2. It's a Wonderful Life: Try doing a list of best Christmas movies and leaving this classic out!
1. Die Hard: I don't care what anyone sais, Die Hard is a Christmas movie and it has everything! Action, Comedy, Family Drama and Alan Rickman saying "Now I have a machine gun, ho ho ho"